What is the American Coatings Association's PaintPAC?
The PaintPAC is a voluntary nonpartisan political action committee established to make contributions to political candidates at the federal, state and local level. Such contributions would help political candidates that are supportive of the industry’s views on business and industry-related issues.
Who pays the cost of running the PaintPAC?
The operating expenditures will be defrayed by ACA, thus 100% of contributions will go to worthy candidates.
There are a number of modern microscopic techniques that can be used in the paint and coating industry to determine the product quality and application performance. This collection of articles explores the benefits of these techniques alongside complementary technologies used to study coating systems.
Click to Read the Microscopy Articles from the Analytical Series
- Optical Microscopy, February 2006
- Transition Temperature Microscopy: Probing Thermal Properties of Coatings and Multilayer Films at the Micro- and Nanoscale, February 2010
- Surface Analysis Applications in Automotive Paint Operations, January 2011
- AES and Sputter Depth Profiling for Characterization of Metal Substrates and Pretreatment Coatings, March 2011
- Overview of Atomic Force Microscopy, January 2014
- Confocal Microscopy Techniques for Coatings Research: Surface and Depth Characterization of Latex Paint Films, May 2019
Rheological measurements have become essential tools for characterizing component materials and final products, monitoring process conditions, as well as predicting product performance. This collection of articles examines rheological techniques found in coatings operations.
Click to Read the Rheology Articles from the Analytical Series
- Rheology of Melts and Solutions Part 1: Viscosity and Its Measurement, August 2007
- Rheology of Melts and Solutions Part 2: Viscoelasticity, Temperature, and Surface Flow, September 2007
- Soft Matter Analysis by Means of Microrheology, March 2012
- Rheological and Thermal Characterization of Coatings: A Case Study, July 2017
Spectrometry & Spectroscopy
This collection of articles covers modern spectrometry techniques used to characterize coatings as well as different types of spectroscopy used in developing and analyzing today’s formulations.
Click to Read the Spectrometry & Spectroscopy Articles from the Analytical Series
- New Mass Spectrometry Techniques for the Analysis of Polymers for Coatings Applications: MALDI and ESI, January 2004
- In Situ Monitoring of Coating Polymerization, Cure and Aging Using Frequency Dependent Dielectric Monitoring, June 2004
- Evaluation of Organic Coatings with Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy Part 1: Fundamentals of Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy, August 2004
- Evaluation of Organic Coatings with Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy Part 2: Application of EIS to Coatings, October 2004
- Evaluation of Organic Coatings with Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy Part 3: Protocols for Testing Coatings with EIS, February 2005
- Infrared Spectroscopy in the Analysis Characterization, and Testing of Coatings, July 2005
- Raman Spectroscopy in Coatings Research and Analysis, Part I: Basic Principles, August 2005
- Raman Spectroscopy in Coatings Research and Analysis, Part II: Practical Applications, September 2005
- X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy as an Analysis Tool for Coatings, February 2011
- Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry of Automotive Coating Systems, July 2011
- Fluorescence Decay Methods for the Characterization of Latex Film Formation, September 2013
A coating’s ability to maintain performance for an extended period in its intended service environment is one of its most important attributes. This group of articles examines methods used to assess coatings’ real-world performance.
Click to Read the Weathering Articles from the Analytical Series
- Chemiluminescence for the Early Detection of Weathering Effects of Coatings. Part I: Fundamentals, April 2010
- Chemiluminescence for the Early Detection of Weathering Effects of Coatings. Part II: Experimental Set-Up and Examination, May 2010
- Principles of Accelerated Weathering: Evaluations of Coatings, January 2020